The reality of Costa Rica

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Conchal Beaches in Costa Rica

On the seventh day, we got up and had breakfast a typical dish of Costa Rica called El Gallo Pinto. This dish consists of rice and beans, and is prepared by mixing the rice with black beans, fried onion also has garlic and red pepper (hence the name gallo pinto), add more of black bean rice and fry until be roasted.
This dish is very rich; you have to eat it.


It is usually served with Coffee and milk or any natural fruit juice. I am posting a picture so you can see it; I would not be surprised if you get hungry after you see it.




After breakfast, we got up and drove some more down the road next to the huge Lake Arenal. The colors of nature prepared us for our next experience. We began to descend the mountain area on the way to the coast.


We stopped several times on the way to buy crafts and to enjoy the view along the way. The trip took a little longer than I anticipated. We arrived at our lodging when getting dark.

The next day we went to have breakfast, and then we were headed to Conchal beaches. They are considered one of the most exotic beaches of the Gold Coast of Costa Rica, Playa Conchal is located in the northern province of Guanacaste on the Pacific Ocean coast.


The atmosphere and the people are very nice; we had a great time, and it was a great day. Playa Conchal is a wonderful beach with near perfect weather most of the year, bathed in sunshine almost all the time and with more than 12 hours of daylight from December to April. The water is always in a comfortable temperature and is ideal for swimming or snorkeling.

FYI, the beach its name Conchal, because millions of shells have been broken thanks to the rocks on the sea and the waves, thus mixing them with the sand. That makes that experience of walking in the sand unique. It is as if the sand mixed with shells is massaging your feet when walked on it.

As I was leaving this amazing place, I promised myself I will be back.
My wife and I were so excited to be there. That day flew by so quickly. We hope to bring some friends back to this place before the end of this year.
We all have places we like to visit. I recommend this one. You will not regret it.


Have you ever been on the Conchal beaches before? I would like to know your opinion. Write your commend in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment